To read an image directly from url and then reads its size. you can use urllib.request and PIL aka Pillow.
If you don’t have pillow installed. you can use:
- python -m pip install Pillow
and before that you might need to upgrade pip, especially if you get an error
- python -m pip install --upgrade pip
Here is how to read an image from url.
- import urllib.request
- from PIL import Image
- url = 'http://www.example.com/my_image_is_not_your_image.png'
- image = Image.open(urllib.request.urlopen(url))
- width, height = image.size
- print (width,height)
If you followed a tutorial that uses urllib2 you can change that to urllib.request in python 3.